192.168.1.254 is the private IP address that is used by many routers and WiFi-enabled devices in order to make them identifiable on a local network.
How to Log into Your Router Using 192.168.1.254?
Before having access to the router login page via 192.168.1.254, make sure of the following points:
- If you enter the IP address in the URL bar, you will be greeted with the router login screen.
- On the off chance if you enter the IP address in the browser’s search bar, you will see some other (unknown) website displayed on your home screen instead of the routerlogin page.
- Also, keep this in mind to use the router’s IP address as it is. Entering the URL with www or followed by .com will display the “ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED” error pop-up.
Now, let us have a quick glance at the steps to log into router using the IP address:
- Right off the bat, power on your Netgear router.
- Next, connect it to your WiFi network. You can also connect your Netgear router to the modem using a well-maintained wire. To avoid any type of issue, please do not make use of an old, dusty, and damaged wire/ cable.
- Once you’re done with the wiring, turn on a PC or laptop.
- Go to the browser’s address bar and type the router’s IP address in it without typos.
- Once done, hit the Enter key and you will be redirected to the Netgear router login page.
- Enter the default router login admin name and password here and click on Log In.
There you are! You have successfully logged into your router’s web-based setup page using 192168.1.254. Here, you can setup Netgear router and change its settings as per your preferences.
What if You don’t Have Netgear Router Login Password?
On the off chance if you can’t find your Netgear router login password and you know that you haven’t modified it, the best course of action you can take to recover them is to try common combinations:
- Admin – admin
- User – user
- User – password
- Admin – Michelangelo
- Admin – 12345
- Admin- 123456
- Admin- 1234567
- Admin – 12345678
- Admin – 123456789
In the event that none of the above-mentioned combinations of Netgear router login admin name and password help you access its settings, the next thing you can do is to load up Google.com, enter “how to log into router” (without quotes) along with the model number, hit enter, and the result will be displayed on the same screen. You can also check the Netgear router manual for the same.
If this doesn’t work for you, consider resetting Netgear router as the last resort. Doing so will make your Netgear router new and you can log into it using the default admin details.
How to Reset Netgear Router?
To reset Netgear router:
- Plug it into a working power source and ensure to provide it a steady power supply.
- After that, locate the reset hole on it.
- Push it, hold it, and release it.
- Your Netgear router will be reset.
Prior to resetting Netgear router, don’t forget to disconnect it from your home network and the WiFi-enabled devices.
The login page of your Netgear router can also be accessed using web address.
In a Nutshell
Hopefully, now you come to know what is 192.168.1.254 and how it is used to log into your router. If you still have queries regarding the router’s IP address, feel free to drop them into the comments section.