“Yesterday was my birthday, and my friend gave me a new iPhone as a gift. Now, I’m wondering how to transfer the data from my old iPhone to the new device. Being a bit of a tech novice, I’m hoping for some quick and easy solutions. Thank you!”
Method 1: iPhone to iPhone Data Transfer in 1 Click via FonePaw DoTrans
Officially, there are several methods for transferring data between iPhones, but they all come with limitations to varying degrees such as low transferring speed, cumbersome process and limited quantity of files that can be transferred. In comparison, the third-party software FonePaw DoTrans offers a more beginner-friendly approach. Although it’s a desktop tool that requires downloading, it comes with a range of features to make your transition swift and hassle-free.
FonePaw DoTrans doesn’t only support data transfer between iPhones, but also between Android devices, and even between iOS and Android. Most methods provided by Apple are all-or-none, allowing only one-click transfer of all data. However, some might be unnecessary or duplicates, and transferring everything can occupy more space on the new device. To address this issue, the best iPhone to iPhone transfer apps FonePaw DoTrans offers a service where you can selectively choose the files you want to transfer. After a matter of seconds, you can get all data transferred from one iPhone to another.
The entire process is both secure and rapid and the user interface of FonePaw DoTrans is incredibly simple and straightforward. Even if you’re not tech-savvy, by following the prompts on the screen, you can confidently complete the process of transferring files between iPhones on your own. Below are the specific steps for operation.
Step 1. Download and install FonePaw DoTrans on your computer. Then, connect both devices to PC using two USB cables.
Step 2. Launch FonePaw DoTrans. After the device detection, drop down the device menu in the top-middle as the source device.
Step 3. From the left panel, choose a file type and preview the contents it contains. Then just select the files you need to transfer.
Step 4. Finally, click the “Export to Device” and select another connected iPhone as the target device.
- Intuitive interface suitable for beginners.
- Supports various data types including contacts, photos, messages, and more.
- Allows selective data transfer.
- Enables cross-platform data transfer.
- Fully compatible with iOS 16 and Android 12
- Some features may require a paid subscription.
Method 2: Transfer All Data to New iPhone with Quick Start
If you don’t want to download and install any software for transferring, Apple’s Quick Start can be a good option. It is a built-in feature in the setup process that allows you to transfer data wirelessly between your old and new iPhones. This method is recommended if you’re switching to a new iPhone running iOS 11 or later. Quick Start occupies both devices, so make sure that you choose a time when you won’t need to use your current device for several minutes. Here’s how to use it:
- Connect your old device to Wi-Fi and enable the Bluetooth. Turn on your new iPhone and place it near the old iPhone.
- Connect your new device to Wi-Fi or your device’s cellular network. Then choose the language and region. When it comes to the Quick Start page, a setup prompt will appear on the old iPhone. Tap “Continue” and scan the animation on your new iPhone.
- Enter passcode of your old iPhone, then it will start to transfer the data. Keep both iPhones near to each other while transferring. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup, including setting up Face ID or Touch ID.
- Transfer data without any software.
- Swift and direct transfer process.
- Transfers most of your data and settings.
- Unable to choose particular file to transfer.
- Both devices need to be running iOS 11 or later.
- Both iPhones should be close to each other.
Method 3: Using iCloud to sync iPhone Data
If you have a habit of backup, using iCloud to transfer your data is also a great option. Similarly, it doesn’t require downloading any software. However, you’ll need to have the data of your old iPhone copied before using this method, which may take quite a long time. So, if you’re eager to start using your new iPhone, it’s still recommended to use FonePaw DoTrans instead. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on a Wi-Fi network and connect your old iPhone to this network.
- On your old iPhone, go to Settings > [your ID name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Back Up Now. Wait patiently until the backup process is complete.
- Now, turn on your new iPhone and input your language and region. On the Quick Start page, tap “Set Up Manually”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” on the “Apps & Data” page.
- Sign in with your iCloud Apple ID and choose the latest backup. Then just wait for the transferring.
- Wireless and convenient.
- Restore most data, settings, and app data.
- Require an iCloud backup.
- Some data like music and apps may not be transferred.
Method 4: Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone by iTunes
If you have iTunes installed on your computer, you can also transfer data between iPhones through iTunes. It can create a backup by syncing your old iPhone’s data (music, photos, contacts, etc.) with your computer. Then you can remove those files to the new iPhone by restoring the backup. Please noted that with iTunes, you can’t select which files you want to transfer as they are removed altogether. Here’s how:
- Connect your old iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- Click on the “Device” icon and then the “Summary” option. Then, choose “Back Up Now”.
- Disconnect the old iPhone and connect the new iPhone to the computer.
- After the backup process, turn on your new iPhone and go to the “Apps & Data” screen.
- Choose the “Restore from Mac or PC” and click “Next”. Then, connect your new iPhone to the computer. Run iTunes and navigate to “Summary” again. Click the “Restore Backup” button and select the recent backup to transfer data.
- Transfer all types of data, including apps.
- Provides a backup of your data on the computer.
- No file size limitations and safe to use.
- Require a computer and a USB cable.
- Some users may find iTunes interface complex.
- Unable to select files for transfer.
Method 5: AirDrop a bit of Data to Another iPhone
The last way is to transfer data via AirDrop. Airdrop is to iOS as Bluetooth is to Android devices. So, though it is convenient, it is only suitable for transferring a small amount of data like photos and contacts. Here’s how:
- If you want to transfer photo, just go to Photos app on the old iPhone and choose the pictures you want.
- Hit the “Share” button and choose “AirDrop”.
- Select the target iPhone. Then, on the new iPhone, tap “Accept” to allow the transfer.
- Quick and easy for small transfers.
- No need for additional software.
- Limited to small amounts of data.
- Not suitable for transferring large files or complex data types.
If you’re a beginner, we recommend you to try the FonePaw DoTrans, which is one of the best iPhone to iPhone transfer software. Its intuitive UI, simple operations and powerful features will give you a hassle-free experience!
Whether you’re embracing a new model, sharing memories with loved ones, or preserving your important information, there are various methods to choose from. The options mentioned in this guide cater to different preferences and skill levels. So, pick the method that best suits your needs, and ensure a seamless transfer of your data to your new iPhone.