In recent years, the IT sphere has developed a lot. People are using the Internet more often for communication, commerce, and other everyday tasks. Many of them are faced with the need to confirm their phone number when creating another account. If you use your personal phone number in this case, it can be insecure. In turn, buying a new SIM card for each site is also a very strange idea, because it is quite expensive. Therefore, people are looking for an alternative that will allow them to bypass this restriction and remain safe.
What are virtual phone numbers?
Now let’s look at an alternative to buying a new SIM card – using a virtual phone number. They work without buying a SIM card and you can safely put them on the Internet without fear that someone will get access to your personal data. You can also use a virtual number as a second phone.
The main difference of virtual numbers is that they can be used not only from a smartphone, but also from a computer or tablet. Usually they are used to receive SMS messages, but there are many varieties that also allow you to receive voice messages or calls.
What situations can I use virtual numbers for?
- In online dating when you’re not sure of the identity of the person you’re talking to. With the increase in fraud, it’s become quite risky to even give a phone number, especially if financial instruments like client-banking are attached to it. In this case it is much easier to give a virtual or disposable number instead of a personal number to protect yourself from possible risks.
- When you suspect that your personal information is at risk. If you need to register with a resource that you do not trust it is always a good idea to provide a virtual number. Then you won’t be afraid of any hacks.
- To avoid spam and advertising. All users don’t like to have their phones bursting with advertising messages or calls from unknown numbers. It’s much better to provide a virtual phone number when registering for a discount card in a store or making a purchase and get rid of spam on your personal number forever.
- Separate work and personal life. If you don’t want customers and employees to bother you outside of work hours – give them an account registered to a virtual number. It’s a great way to keep a clear boundary beyond which work can’t bother you.
Benefits of virtual phone numbers
Here are a few of the benefits they offer:
- Privacy. The ability to keep your personal information private. When you use it, you don’t reveal your real phone number, which protects you from unwanted calls, spam, and possible unauthorized use of your information.
- Security. Protect your device from fraud and cyberattacks. If you shop online or register on websites, you can use it instead of your real number to prevent possible data breaches or unauthorized access to your account.
- Convenience. The flexibility and convenience of using this service is another benefit. You can get a temporary number at any time and use it for various purposes online.
- International availability. This type of mobile number can be available in different countries. You can get it in the country you want without having to have a physical SIM card or a subscription to a service provider.
How can I get a virtual phone number?
Do you want to buy a virtual number in SMS-man? Follow the instructions below.
- Register on the platform SMS-man.
- On the home page you can see a list of all countries available for virtual numbers, choose the appropriate country.
- Now select the service or application from which you need a confirmation code to register.
- Click on “Buy” opposite the service you want to buy.
- Under “History” your virtual number will appear and you can start using it immediately
In conclusion – virtual numbers are a great feature for privacy and text messaging that has a lot in common with regular phones.