In the age of technology and automation, companies are streamlining their workflow to extreme levels. As a result, most companies are looking for a workflow management solution that offers flexibility, automation, and customization. Ensuring a smooth workflow where each task in the flow is performed accurately and on time is a must.
This has given rise to a steady increase in the demand for Workflow Management Software.
Some of these have proved their worth in helping companies achieve their goals.
Proven statistics from documented research
Zapier, a market research company, surveyed some companies. Here are some results published in the report:
- 88% of respondents agreed that workflow management software made them more competitive.
- 34% mentioned that less time was spent on unnecessary administrative work.
- 66% reported that workflow management software allowed more time for focusing on creativity.
- 65% reported reduced stress levels.
- 28% of respondents spent less time on follow-ups.
- 35% were able to provide high-quality customer support.
- 34% reported a reduction in errors.
The reasons for such positive results are multifold. First, well-designed workflow management has many benefits.
Benefits of Workflow Management Software
Some of the benefits of installing workflow management software are:
- Most of the modern software is on cloud-based web platforms. This makes it possible to access information on devices with internet access. Now multiple users can access the software on their mobile phones and tabs.
- Users can easily access detailed reports. This clarifies the sequence of tasks highlighting the incomplete ones to focus on.
- They are easy to use and can be customized as per client specifications.
- The ease of the software comes at an affordable cost. Most of these are available in various plans according to the features needed. They are also available as monthly subscriptions.
What are the top features to look for in Workflow Management Software?
The needs of each enterprise are different. Therefore, based on the area of their operations, a Company must choose the features that best suit their needs. However, there are some features that every workflow management solution must provide. Therefore, the list of features still needs to be completed. More features can be added according to individual requirements.
- It must be on a web or cloud platform allowing users to access this from devices like mobiles and tabs.
- It must be easy software to use. It must be simple for the users to check, update, coordinate, and review their tasks anytime.
- The software must be designed to generate reports quickly. This feature is crucial for analysis. Any challenges in the workflow process can be identified. Solutions can be created, and modifications can be done wherever needed.
- Status indicators must be included to keep track of each process in the workflow. Each function that is performed as desired can be seen. Ones that need immediate attention must be highlighted.
- The software must allow customization. Workflow management software must be accessible to all involved in the workflow process. However, not all need to have access to sensitive information. The software must allow control of information access based on the role of the individual in the workflow.
- Workflow management is a time-bound process. Each task in the process must be completed on time for maximum efficiency. Hence, individuals involved in the process must get timely reminders and notifications. These may be in the form of emails or push notifications to a mobile phone. It is also essential that all the individuals in the process can choose the kind of reminders and notifications they want to receive from the system.
- The software must be synced with every other process connected to the workflow. These can include additional functions, systems, document access, software, accounts, sales reports, etc.
Any company needs to control its workflow efficiently. To optimize the workflow, it is critical to remove all duplication, curb activities that waste time, and increase the cost value. Therefore, before implementing a workflow management solution, it is vital to analyze the proposed software’s best features to benefit the company.