No matter if you want to save a location, provide Google Maps directions to your friend, or show your business on the Google Map, you can do it by dropping a pin on Google Maps. Surely, you should have a slight idea of how to do it. You can drop a pin on Maps from your computer or mobile app easily. But it doesn’t just end there! By learning the procedure to drop a pin on Google Maps, you can easily point a location on the map and seek directions and save it for later access, add your business location and do a lot more.
If you haven’t dropped a pin before and you are new to it, then this guide will help you out:
The process to drop a pin on Google Maps using your smartphone:
Adding dropped pin on Maps isn’t limited to your desktop screen. It is equally easy with smartphones as they are decked up with needed sensors and can run the normal Google Maps app.
The process is the same, no matter if you use an Android or an iPhone. You just need to make sure that you have a more advanced version of Google Maps and then follow the process given below:
Android/ iOS devices
- Install the Google Maps application on your smartphone.
- Site the location you want to drop the pin on the map. (If you want to drop it on your current location, just tap the GPS button sited on the left side.)
- Now press the place where you want to drop the pin.
- You will see a red pin, if you have done it right.
- Tap the dropped pin box to find what can be done with the pinned location. You will get directions to reach the place. Save it to access it later or share with anyone.
The process to drop a pin on Maps with your desktop:
Your computer/ laptop is the best way to drop pins on Maps. You can do it with just one click through the Google Maps website. Do not download any application.
Dropping a pin on Google Maps with your computer is better as you can see the location appropriately on a wider screen. Also, your computer should have precise sensors to locate accurate locations.
- Open the Google Maps website on your browser.
- Select the location you want to pin on the map.
- Left click the place on the map to drop a pin.
- A small location pin will appear showing the area you have selected and a box below will appear giving you information about the chosen area.
- Click on the map coordinate numbers to get more details about the chosen location.
- Now you can save, share and add your business to the pinned area.
Tips to get the benefits of a dropped pin on Google Maps
Dropped pin on Maps isn’t just for the sake of dropping. There are a lot of things that you can do with a pinned location. Some of them are given below:
- Share the location with anyone you want.
- Get directions to reach the location
- Save it for later usage
- Add your business
- Find locations nearby
- Add a missing place