Visual bugs cost businesses millions of dollars annually. Given this, visual regression testing is a must-have for modern web development.
You can compare screenshots of your website’s development using visual testing tools. Plus, you can quickly and easily catch any visual bug that may have slipped through the cracks. Here are some of the best visual regression testing tools available.
There’s no doubt that visual regression tests are a valuable part of any QA process. They help to catch bugs that might otherwise go unnoticed, and they can save a lot of time and effort in the long run.
And so, Applitools Eyes is one of the best on the market. Not only does it provide comprehensive support for visual regression tests. But it also makes it easy to get started with automated testing.
Likewise, Applitools Eyes integrates seamlessly with various continuous integration and delivery tools. So, it’s an ideal solution to improve automated testing processes.
- Extremely user-friendly. You can set up tests quickly and easily without needing coding or special skills. Plus, it allows automated visual regression testing. So, you don’t have to waste time manually checking results.
- Highly accurate. It uses a sophisticated algorithm to compare images and identify changes. And that means you can be confident that you’re catching all the visual bugs, big and small.
- Constant with new features and improvements. The team behind the tool is constantly working to improve Applitools Eyes.
- Flexible. Working with any browser automation framework. Plus, it can test both desktop and mobile applications.
What sets Ghost Inspector apart from other visual testing tools is its ability to take screenshots. Not only that, it can compare and deliver them at different resolutions.
In this way, even the smallest changes are detectable. And so, it makes it easier to identify and fix bugs before they cause significant problems.
On top of that, Ghost Inspector integrates with various platforms. In this way, it makes it a versatile visual testing tool for any development team. Along with it are some fantastic features, such as:
- Testing across different browsers. Ghost Inspector supports testing across other browsers. Given that, it allows developers and testers to identify cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Recording and playback. The tool offers recording and playback, making it easy to create visual tests. Also, you can run these tests repeatedly to ensure no regressions occur.
- Automatic screenshots. Ghost Inspector takes automatic screenshots of web pages during tests. And it provides more accurate test results. Also, it helps in identifying layout changes on web pages.
- Assertions. You can add assertions to tests and validate specific visual elements. Doing so helps in pinpointing errors more quickly and easily.
Percy Visual Testing
Most visual validation testing tools require manual intervention. And doing so can be time-consuming and error-prone. But with Percy, it’s an automated visual testing tool so developers can focus on writing code.
Besides that, Percy integrates with popular development workflows. Given that, you can automatically run visual regression testing. That said, it’s easy to create custom visual reports before you go live.
On top of that, the following are some of Percy’s best features:
- Quick setup. Percy can be set up in minutes, and you can start using it immediately.
- Accurate results. Percy produces accurate results, so you can be sure you caught any bugs in your website.
- Comprehensive reporting. Percy provides comprehensive reports that detail the results of your regression testing.
- Integrates with popular development tools. Percy integrates with Jira and GitHub. And so, it makes tracking and managing your visual regression testing easy.
Many automated visual testing tools exist, but Screener.io sets itself higher. It offers both functional and visual regression testing on one platform.
Also, Screener.io offers a unique visual diffing feature that lets you see changes on your web pages. Considering that, it’s an essential tool for catching visual regressions early on.
Some of the features of Screener.io include:
- Automated screenshots. The Screener.io takes screenshots of your app automatically. Having this feature saves you from manually taking and comparing screenshots yourself.
- Multiple devices. Screener helps you catch UI bugs by taking screenshots of your app on different devices.
- Compare results. Screener.io’s compare feature lets you easily compare screenshots to identify visual changes.
- Share results. With Screener, you can share your results with your team, so everyone is on the same page when fixing UI bugs.
Cross Browser Testing
Unlike other automated testing tools, CrossBrowserTesting allows the selection of browsers manually. That means you can specifically target your users’ browsers and devices. Likewise, you can test to run automatically, so you don’t have to take screenshots manually.
Besides that, this visual regression testing tool helps you catch visual changes before you go live. And so you can fix them before your users ever see them. Here are some of its features:
- Comprehensive Browser Support. Offers support for over 1,500 browsers. And this includes all major browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, and IE.
Fine-grained Controls. You can test specific areas of your application in detail. For example, you can test how your application responds to different screen sizes.