Let’s first start with AngularJS.
What is AngularJS?
Advantages of AngularJS
- Easily testable framework
- Vast Angular libraries
- Inbuilt dependency injection subsystem
- Simple routing
- Angular Data binding
- Beautiful Marvelous UI design
- Personalized Document Object Model can be developed easily
- It provides robust template building solutions
Drawbacks of choosing AngularJS
- DOM elements claim to performance issues
- Scopes are hard to debug
- Limited Routing
- Slow with pages integrating interactive elements
- Third-party integration is complex
- Steep learning curve
When to consider AngularJS to develop a web app
Do you want to develop a beautiful user interface to get your user inputs? If so, AngularJS is the right choice! With this framework, you can also create an innovative and robust web application if,
- Your project requires beautiful user interfaces
- You want a high-performing app with clean code
- You want an SEO friendly web app
- You don’t want third-party libraries in your tech-stack
- You want minimized development time and cost
Companies use AngularJS for web app development project
Wix, Paypal, YouTube, Gmail and Netflix also leveraged the AngularJS framework to improve their app’s performance.
Now, it’s time to know about NodeJS.
What is NodeJS?
Advantages of NodeJS
- Node.JS developers can scale up applications created in both horizontal and vertical manners
- It further supports caching of individual modules
- It is highly extensible
- It supports real-time web application development
The drawback of choosing NodeJS
- It is not scalable
- Only suited for web servers
- Nested callbacks
- Relational database issues
When to consider NodeJS to develop an app
If you want a server-side app that will include the back-end, NodeJS is the proper framework for its development. Apart from this, you can also consider NodeJS for your web app development project if,
- Your app requires a robust back-end
- You plan to create an event-driven web app
- You want to reuse code b/w client and server-side
- Your app comes in the category of instant messaging chat
Companies use NodeJS for web app development project
The big giants such as LinkedIn, Uber and eBay have also got results after using NodeJS in their web apps.
The Bottom Line!
Still, in a nutshell, AngularJS is a fully-featured framework that has a large support community. This framework is mainly used for beautiful UIs, efficient development processes, and satisfied users. On the other hand, NodeJS is a JS runtime that is lightweight and fast. It is ideal for building fast and scalable network apps. This framework is known for robust back-ends, excellent performance and rapid development.