Marketing is important for every business, whether it belongs to the typical corporate world or the legal industry. For years, people have used different methods for this.
But with the digitization of the world, a new era of marketing has started. The most popular form is social media marketing.
Using the right approach, law firms can use this tactic to increase their clients. In this article, we’ll explore different aspects of social media marketing. We will also discuss the effective steps to use social media marketing for a law firm.
How is Social Media Marketing Beneficial for the Law Firms?
Before getting into the main details, it is important to understand the importance of SMM. This term refers to using social media to promote law firms and their services. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are strong platforms for this.
A survey result of ABA shows that 81% of firms have at least one social media account. These stats speak volumes. But why is everyone shifting to social media marketing? To understand this, let’s take a look at some of its benefits;
- More Visibility – The main purpose of marketing is to make your brand more visible. Social Media has billions of users. So, it’s a great place for law firms to market their services to a large group of people.
- Cost Effective – Traditional marketing is extremely expensive and not every business can afford it. However, social media marketing is cheaper yet more effective.
- Better Connection – The platforms allow the users to connect with the content. So, law firms get the opportunity to connect with their potential clients.
Now that you have a basic understanding of what social media marketing is let’s move on to the Jurisdigital in order.
Identify Your Target Audience
It might seem that all law firms have similar clients, but it’s not true. The target audience can be different based on the service they provide.
As we know that social media platforms allow businesses to deliver their message to a specific group of people. Therefore, it is important to define your audience as the first step. You can analyze this based on the age, income level, or location of your potential clients.
Choose a Social Media Platform
There are several social media platforms out there. So, it can be difficult to select the best one for your firm. If you’ve just stepped foot in social media marketing, then it is suggested to start with one platform. Once you get better at this, move on to the next one.
Social Media Platforms
These are one of the best platforms for effective social media marketing;
- Facebook – Facebook is one of the first social media platforms ever. More than 2.9 billion people are using Facebook. It would be a great idea to market your firm on this platform.
- Instagram – Instagram might not be feasible for all law firms. This is because most Instagram users are youngsters who’re not even employed.
- LinkedIn – Professionals are mostly found on LinkedIn. If your services are for the corporate world, LinkedIn is the best place for you.
- YouTube – There aren’t many firms making high-quality content on YouTube. So, if you can produce great content, start a YouTube channel for your firm too.
How to Choose the Best Platform for Your Law Firm?
As we mentioned, you can either start with one platform or have accounts on multiple platforms. However, it is not the best idea to have an account on every platform. So here are a few factors to consider while choosing this;
- Consider the advertising options on the platform. This will help a law firm to choose the one that aligns with its budget.
- Demographics of all platforms are different. For example, LinkedIn is used by professionals. So consider your target audience while making the decision.
- The content format is different everywhere. Each format takes an amount of time to make the content. Therefore, consider your schedule before choosing it.
Create a Content Plan
Now let’s begin planning the content. First of all, you’ll have to consider the business goals of the firm. This will help you to plan the content that will solely promote the firm.
Then determine the type of content you want to make. This can be a podcast, post, blog post, etc. Then make a content calendar. This calendar will include when to make the content and when to edit it.
Make the Content and Schedule it
High-quality content always catches the eye of the user. So, make the best content that’s highly engaging. After making the content, determine the publishing schedule.
For instance, if your target audience is active during a particular time, then plush content ok this time. Online tools can also schedule and post content to save time. After posting the content, engage with your audience. This will help you to establish trust and engagement with them.
Analyze the Results
To check the results, you can use KPIs. These are key performance indicators, such as the number of leads generated or social media engagement. You can use the analytic tools of platforms for this. Make adjustments to your content plan according to the data.
To summarize, social media is a powerful tool for law firms to market their services. It establishes a connection with potential clients and costs less than traditional marketing.
Define your target audience and choose a platform based on this. Create high-quality content and post it. Also, don’t forget to keep track of the analytics. It is a long-term process. So, it might take some time to see the desired results.