A web hosting provider offers a web hosting service that helps to host a website on a web server application. Whenever searcher types your website name on the internet it redirects them to your website. This is what we call it web hosting service.
Basically, web hosts help customers to locate the documents such as HTML pages, other multimedia files, etc. onto a special type of computer known as a web server. It offers a constant and high-speed connection to the backbone of the internet.
Explained below are the types of Web Hosting Services:
1. Shared / Virtual Hosting
It is a web hosting service where multiple websites are hosted on one web
server that is connected to the internet. This can be done under one domain
With this web hosting plan, one can fully represent their business to a global audience. Here, you’ll get limited resources like bandwidth, CPU usage, RAM, etc.
- Easy and Affordable
- Secure web hosting
- 24*7*365 day support
- As multiple users are hosting accounts on shared hosting, this results in a slowdown of the server.
- Limited resources
- No root access
- Limitations on installation
2. Dedicated Hosting
It’s hosted on single server and it’s suitable for large websites that consumes high traffic. In this type of web hosting, the company wishes to go online to achieve the goal of maximum visitors, company opt for dedicated web hosting. You will get full support from your cheap unlimited web hosting provider along with 24*7*365 days support.
It is unique in comparison to other web hosting services as it doesn’t require sharing the server with other customers. Dedicated hosting is the only form of web hosting that provides complete root access to the server and its physical resources.
- Suitable for large business
- Strong database support
- Unlimited software support
- Best e-mails solutions
- Complete root access to servers
- Dedicated hosting is tough to manage and set up technically.
- Technically, a web hosting company has certain limits to assist you in terms of installation of software or updates of third-party applications.
- If you’re not able to manage server administration abilities, you may get into trouble in terms of running a website smoothly.
- It is expensive
Shared and VPS hosting has one common similarity they use one common physical server for hosting multiple websites. In terms of pricing, VPS is more affordable than dedicated web hosting. It’s a computer or server where the web host stores the files and databases required for the website.
Whenever a searcher searches for your website it redirects to your website. In reality, VPS also comprises multiple websites hosted on one physical server.
With the help of virtualized technology, your web hosting provider installs a virtual layer on top of the operating systems (OS) of the server. However, this layer separates the server into different layers and permits individual users to install their own OS and software.
This gives complete privacy and control of virtual and private servers. Every user gets a separate server on the operating system.
- Dedicated virtual resources
- Affordability and Value
- Access and Control
- OS and software freedom
- Long term scalability
- Technical administration issue
- A webmaster must have high – proficiency in using the VPS to control the working of the website.
Reseller hosting is a service that allows people or businesses to sell web hosting services in their own name. Many resellers hosting plans work on a standard wholesale basis.
You can sign up with a reliable host and set up your reseller accounts and work on wholesale price, further you can add your margin to it and sale it ahead to end customers.
Some web hosting offers cPanel and WHMCS to access the reseller hosting. Are looking for cheap reseller web hosting then look no further than Hostripples.
- Easy management of reseller accounts
- Able to design own hosting plans
- No barrier to entry
- You’re depend on your reliable web hosting provider
- Develop your own support team
- Expert knowledge is needed
- Can’t change the web hosting provider
- Limited access to the server
You can select any web hosting service as per your requirement. Just ensure that you’re getting all the necessary details from your web hosting provider before signing up.