In this article, we are going to discuss about how to fix error compiling movie in Premiere. So, if you are recently dealing with this error then read out this whole post carefully.
Here, you’ll get 3 effective ways to fix error compiling movie Premiere pro. Additionally, you will get to know the possible causes of it.
So, without wasting much time, let’s go through it.
“Error compiling movie” is a common issue that usually occur while working on Adobe Premiere Pro. It typically happens when you are trying to export your video or sequence. This error simply indicates that your software fails to compile or edit your video file.
Causes for Error Compiling Movie Unknown Error Premiere Pro
There are several possible that can trigger this error. Some of them are shortlisted below:
- Corrupt or incompatible media files
- Insufficient disk space or RAM
- Incorrect file name or project settings
- Hardware or driver issues
- Using outdated software or plugins.
After knowing the causes, now it’s a time to learn the solution on how to fix error compiling movie in Premiere.
How To Fix Error Compiling Movie Premiere Pro?
In this section, you will find 3 workable solutions to solve this issue. So, keep trying the given methods one by one.
Solution #1: Close & Restart your Adobe Premier Pro
Since you are experiencing the error while compiling or editing the videos files in Premiere pro, so firstly I will suggest you to close and reopen the program again.
If this simple trick may work for you. Here are the few steps you need to follow:
- First of all, save your project & close the Premiere Pro.
- Make sure that all the Adobe applications are closed.
- Now, restart your system then clear out the temporary files & processes.
- After that, open the Premiere Pro& re-load the project again.
- At last, try to export a project or render it to check if the issue is resolved.
If the error still persists even after restarting the app then you need to go for the next method.
Solution #2: Make Sure Your File Name Doesn’t Have Special Characters
The next solution you can try to fix error compiling movie unknown error Premiere prois –Check Your Video File Name. Many times, you face such kind of errors and issues, if your file name contains some special characters in it.
So, before trying any other complicated solutions, it’s good to check the name of your video file. However, if your file name contains some special characters in it then rename your file by following the below guided steps:
Step 1:Open your Premiere Pro project & locate the problematic clip
Step 2:Right-click on the clip then select “Rename” or “Properties“.
Step 3:Check your file name if it has some special characters such as (/ \:*? “<> |) or any other non-alphanumeric characters, then simply rename it.
Step 4: Make sure the file name doesn’t exceed a maximum length allowed for the file system (such as 255 characters for NTFS).
Solution #3: Use the Updated Premiere Pro
Even after applying the above two methods, if you are unable to fix unknown error compiling movie Premiere Prothen there is a chance that you might using an older version of the Premiere Pro.
Many times, using the outdated version of the app can cause such kind of issues. To deal with this situation, you can install the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to know how to do so:
- First of all, continue pressing Windows+ S keys together in your computer.
- Then, type the control panel within the search box &hit on the desired result in order to open it.
- Next, choose view by Category and simply navigate to Programs> Programs and Features.
- Here, you need to make a right-click on Adobe Premiere software then click on Uninstall option.
After uninstalling the program successfully, just restart your PC and visit official download page in order to install a latest Adobe Premiere software.
Once the program is successfully installed, just insert the license key to activate the Adobe Premiere.
Time to Sum Up
This article is all about how to fix error compiling movie Premiere pro. Therefore, if you are facing this error while compiling the movie clips then try out the aforementioned troubleshooting fixes to deal with this error.
Hope your problem will be solved soon.
Thanks for reading!